Travel Travel

06/04/2020 - 16:51

Officially establishing Vietravel Airlines with its headquarter set in Hue

According to Vietnam Travel and Marketing Transport Joint Stock Company, on April 3, the Prime Minister approved the investment project to establish Vietnam Travel Airlines (Vietravel Airlines).

Tourists coming to Hue by air

Vietravel Airlines will be an airline company associated with tourism, providing domestic and international air transportation to the countries in the continent; contributing to improving Vietnam’s air transportability and developing the tourism industry.

Vietravel Airlines chose Phu Bai International Airport to be its headquarters, with a total investment of VND 700 billion. The Prime Minister appointed the Provincial People’s Committee to assess the project documents, ensuring that Vietravel Airlines has enough conditions to carry out the project on schedule and follow the provisions on investment.

According to the approval decision, Vietravel Airlines will operate the first commercial flights in early 2021.

Vietravel Airlines sets an aim to provide around 55% of the total seats to meet the demand of traveling by air of tourists at the parent company Vietravel; the remaining 45% of the seats will be supplied to the travel companies and other customers on charter flights.

Story and photo: Duc Quang

Share